The Crest of Six Flowers (六花の紋章 Rokka no Monshō ) is a Sacred Instrument mark that appears on a warrior when they are chosen by the Goddess of Fate to become a Brave. The Crest has the appearance of a pinkish flower with six petals and can appear anywhere on the Brave's body. The Crest loses one of its petals if a Brave dies. According to Dozzu the Crest of Six Flowers are actually apart of the enigmatic origins of Saints, the Saint of Single Flower and the Majin making them central to their mystery.
Abilities & Powers[edit | edit source]
The Crests allow the user the ability to enter into and stay in the Wailing Demon Territory for a prolonged period of time by granting immunity to the region's parasites (and possibly other defenses) which are fatal. Each Crest represents one of the Braves of the current generation and should one die than a petal will disappear but if they are somehow revived than they will reappear.
The Crest created for the seventh was said by Tgurneu to have a "different Purpose" to the others implying that the crests have other abilities or that the seventh specifically is different in design. 
History[edit | edit source]
When the Majin awakes, six warriors will be chosen to save the world and seal away the Majin again. Those six warriors will be called Braves of the Six Flowers and receive a Crest with six petals, each one of the petals symbolize one of the Braves. This Crest will allow them to stay in the Wailing Demon Territory without being infected by its parasites and die. Only those with the Crest can stop the Majin and save the world.
As Hayuha Pressio's crest was preserved with her powers, and passed on it is likely that each new generation of Braves is either given a new mark, or that the Saint simply created a replacement to compensate in the time-gap between the second and third awakenings of the Majin.
The Seventh Crest[edit | edit source]
Throughout the first six books the identity of the seventh brave and the crest that was required for one to exist was shrouded in the mystery of Tgurneu's machinations. When Nashetania first fled and took her crest away from the scene before actually entering the Kyouma's territory left ambiguous on her own Crest's authentication until she met up with the other Braves there. Dozzu would later explain the origins of Nashetania's being that of Hayuha Pressio, the Saint of Time who had used her power on her crest when she first received it so that it would never loose its petals or disappear in the months following the Majins defeat, and she passed it onto Dozzu before her own unsolved end.
The Crest of the Seventh and its own origins where, however unknown to Dozzu who was himself surprised at the coincidence of both he and Tgurneu having thought up the plan to have an extra Brave infiltrate the group. 
While briefly detained by Mora Tgurneu humours her and reveals that the seventh crest that he entrusted to the extra of the group was in fact a legitimate crest that he had somehow taken/received from the Saint of Single Flower, but that she had created it for a different agenda than to grant it to a brave to combat the Majin.  In book 4 the possibility is presented about the Seventh Crest being created by Tgurneu at his lab where the Temple of Gunpowder where he researched Saint Powers is, causing a small detour on the Brave's end to find this knowledge.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is not known how the Crest reacts to a fake Brave and therefore not a reliable way of determining the genuineness of a Brave, however both of the cases of them being a fake brave where with "Real" crests, perfectly functional within the Wailing Demon Territory to allow the user free roam towards the Majin.
- When Hans died, the Crest lost one of its petals but gained it back when he was revived by Rolonia.
- After Tgurneu told Adlet he was the seventh, the Saint of the Single Flower talked with Adlet by his Crest, saying that he was really the seventh. However she also said that she had chosen him not Tgurneu, the significance of said claim having yet to be elaborated on. It is also of note that Adlet's mark reacted to Hans's death by losing a petal.
References[edit | edit source]
- Light Novel Vol. 2 Chapter 4 (Tgurneu's host dies by telling Mora that she is the seventh, as this is the lie that killed the host all information given before this is genuine)
- Light Novel Vol. 3 Chapter 3 (Dozzu explains to Goldolf the origins of Nashetania's additional crest)
- Light Novel Vol. 4 Chapter 1 (Dozzu is left baffled by Hayuha's death which cannot be explained)